VREC’s COVID-19 ResponsePosted by Rob Baxter in News, on March 23, 2020
As a result of the current Covid-19 pandemic VREC Solar has made significant changes to the way we do business to support the health and safety of our staff, customers and the wider community.
Some of the changes include:
- All office staff are now working from home.
- Our office is open by appointment only.
- All work related travel that would involved flights or overnight stays has been cancelled.
- We are no are on longer holding in person group meetings.
- We are respecting the wishes of First Nations and other remote communities that do not want outside visitors.
Some of our staff have had to reduce hours in order to spend time with family members as a result of school closures or changes in employment. This means we may not be able to respond to inquiries or finish jobs as quickly as we have in the past.
Our crews will only be doing outdoor work where they are able to maintain social distancing (two metres away from customers and other trades people). We are avoiding indoor work but if required we will disinfect any surfaces we touch.
So far all of our suppliers are sill operating but we are finding that deliveries are happening slower than they have in the past. We also expect that there may be shortages in the future as supply chains around the world are disrupted.
If you are looking for a quote to install solar on your home or business we are still available to do remote assessments.