VREC Solar is an employee owned business. All employees are offered the opportunity to become owners after a probationary period.
That means you share in the decision making and profits from the business.
We occasionally have part-time or contract positions available for individuals with specific skills (construction, electrical, plumbing, roofing). If you have these skills and are interested in casual part-time work please contact us. Experience or training with photovoltaic systems preferred. Below is a sample of what the position involves.
Construction Electrician & Solar Photovoltaics Installer
– electrical installation, maintenance and repair of solar photovoltaics, solar hot water, solar pool heating, and solar thermal systems
– installing solar photovoltaic panels, inverters, and associated equipment on rooftops of residential and commercial buildings
– installing electrical conservation equipment, energy-efficient lighting fixtures and general electrical work
– supervising apprentices
– completing solar site assessments
– preparing solar assessment reports and quotes
– designing solar PV systems
– customer relationship management
– Licensed Electrician (prefer Red Seal)
– prefer training and/or experience in installing renewable energy systems (solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, solar hot water, solar pools, other)
– prefer FSR or ability to obtain FSR
– driver’s license (class 5 to drive van)
– computer software: spreadsheets, databases, general office
– comfortable working on roofs
– Fall Safety training
– physically fit (able to carry heavy object 30-50 lbs, use ladders, climb on roofs)
– excellent customer service and communication skills
Wage: $25 – $30 per hour based on qualifications and experience plus profit sharing
Location: head office in Vancouver, travel mainly within Lower Mainland, sometimes further in BC