Full-time temporary position
- None currently available.
We occasionally have part-time or contract positions available for individuals with specific skills (construction, electrical, plumbing, roofing). If you have these skills and are interested in casual part-time work please contact us. Experience or training with photovoltaic systems preferred. Below is a sample of what the position involves.
- installation of components for solar photovoltaic and solar hot water systems
- troubleshooting and repair of solar photovoltaic and solar thermal systems
- complete assessments and design work for solar and wind installations
- respond to customer inquires about renewable energy
- must be able to work safely on roofs and lift 30-50 lbs of weight
- training or experience installing solar energy equipment or working on roofs
- fall safety training
- training or experience with building construction
- training in photovoltaics / solar hot water design
- strong organizational skills
- experience using spreadsheets, word processors and general office software
- experience with electrical work, plumbing and project management would also be helpful.
Past Positions (not currently open)
Construction Electrician & Solar Photovoltaics Installer
– electrical installation, maintenance and repair of solar photovoltaics, solar hot water, solar pool heating, and solar thermal systems
– installing solar photovoltaic panels, inverters, and associated equipment on rooftops of residential and commercial buildings
– installing electrical conservation equipment, energy-efficient lighting fixtures and general electrical work
– supervising apprentices
– completing solar site assessments
– preparing solar assessment reports and quotes
– designing solar PV systems
– customer relationship management
– Licensed Electrician (prefer Red Seal)
– prefer training and/or experience in installing renewable energy systems (solar photovoltaics, solar thermal, solar hot water, solar pools, other)
– prefer FSR or ability to obtain FSR
– driver’s license (class 5 to drive van)
– computer software: spreadsheets, databases, general office
– comfortable working on roofs
– Fall Safety training
– physically fit (able to carry heavy object 30-50 lbs, use ladders, climb on roofs)
– excellent customer service and communication skills
Wage: $25 – $30 per hour based on qualifications and experience plus profit sharing
Location: head office in Vancouver, travel mainly within Lower Mainland, sometimes further in BC
For all positions:
We are seeking to develop an inclusive and diverse workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from under-represented communities.
Vancouver Renewable Energy (VREC) sells, installs and provides consulting services for renewable energy systems. We specialize in designing and installing solar photovoltaics, solar hot water, solar pool heating, and wind turbine energy systems. Incorporated in 2004, VREC is the most experienced solar photovoltaic installer in the Lower Mainland, having installed the first grid-tie photovoltaic system in the City of Vancouver. We have built our reputation on providing practical solutions and accurate expectations of what renewable energy systems can provide.
VREC is a for-profit, employee-owned cooperative. Our employees operate in a collaborative environment, help to contribute to decisions made on behalf of the cooperative, and assume equal responsibility for achieving our goals. VREC is a values-based business that works to have a positive impact in our region.